For Caramel Candy
1. Line a 6" x 6" baking pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with a nonstick baking
spray. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and
condensed milk, and bring to a boil.
3. Continue stirring until a candy thermometer reads 245ºF.
4. Remove from heat and add in vanilla.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan and cool to room temperature and cut into ¾-inch or 1/3 oz size pieces.
6. Preheat an oven to 325ºF.
7. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
8. Over a water bath, melt DOVE® Dark Chocolate.
9. In a stand mixer, combine eggs, sugar and remaining teaspoon vanilla; do not overmix
10. Slowly add melted chocolate to egg mixer without overmixing, then add reserved flour mixture and combine until dough forms.
11. Chill dough for at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
12. Once chilled, form 1oz balls and place a piece of caramel into the center of each ball, sealing dough completely around each piece of caramel. Place dough balls on a silpat-lined sheet pan and refrigerate about 10 minutes.
13. Roll each ball in confectioners’ sugar. Bake in preheated oven approximately 12 minutes. Do not overbake the centers, or the caramel will not have the desired gooey texture. Cool cookies slightly before serving.