- 1 box BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Whole Grain Brown Rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped leeks, white part only
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds (approximately 2 medium)
- 3 cups fresh green beans, broken or cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 quarts vegetable broth
- 6 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed, chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Makes: 4-6 servings
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cool until needed.
- Heat the olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the leeks, and garlic, and sweat until they begin to soften, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Add the carrots and green beans and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the tomatoes, corn kernels, cooled rice, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the vegetables are fork tender, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley and lemon juice. Season, to taste, with kosher salt. Serve immediately.