- 1 cup BEN’S ORIGINAL™ INTERNATIONAL GRAINS® Jasmine Rice, prepared
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Makes: 4 servings
Soy, ginger and brown sugar marinated flank steak with toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions with fragrant BEN’S ORIGINAL™ INTERNATIONAL GRAINS® Jasmine Rice
- Make a slurry with ¼ cup cornstarch and some water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, quickly followed by adding the water, soy sauce and brown sugar. Whisk the slurry into sauce. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat fryer to 350ºF.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into ¼-inch slabs. Dredge lightly in reamining cornstarch and let sit for fifteen minutes.
- Deep-fry steak for two minutes or until crispy. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Assemble: Toss steak and sauce together, plate them and garnish with sliced green onion. Serve with a side portion of rice garnished with the sesame seeds.